Lemon is one of those super
foods with a myriad health and cosmetic benefits. There are a few
persons for whom it is an allergen, so make sure you are not allergic
to this natural product, before you start enjoying the many benefits.
1. Lemon being a citrus fruit
, fights against infection. It helps in production of WBC's and
antibodies in blood which attacks the invading microorganism and
2. Lemon is an antioxidant which deactivates the free radicals preventing
many dangerous diseases like stroke, cardiovascular diseases and
3. Lemon lowers blood pressure and increases the levels of HDL (good
4. Lemon is found to be anti-carcinogenic which lower the rates
of colon, prostate, and breast cancer . They prevent faulty metabolism
in the cell, which can predispose a cell to becoming carcinogenic.
Also blocks the formation of nitrosamines in the gut. 5. Lemon juice
is said to give a glow to the skin.
6. A few drops of lemon juice in hot water are believed to clear
the digestive system and purify liver as well.
7. The skin of lemon dried under the sun and then ground to make
powder can be applied to the hair for a few minutes before bath
which relieves head ache and cools the body.
8. Applying lemon juice to acne dries the existing ones and prevents
from getting more.
9. Lemon juice acts as a natural hair lightner and skin bleach which
reduces the pigment melanin and prevents the risk of chemical allergic
reactions which is common with hair dyes and bleaches.
10. Lemon juice is given to relieve gingivitis, stomatitis, and
inflammation of the tongue. 11. Lemon juice is given to prevent
12. Lemon juice is given to prevent or treat urinary tract infection
13. Lemon juice is applied to the sites of bites and stings of certain
insects to relieve its poison and pain.
14. Lemon juice relieves colic pain and gastric problems . 15. Lemon
juice soothes the dry skin when applied with little glycerin .
16. Lemon juice used for marinating seafood or meat kills bacteria
and other organisms present in them, thereby prevents many gastro-intestinal
tract infections. 17. Lemon juice with a pinch of salt (warm) every
morning lowers cholesterol levels and brings down your weight.
18. Lemon juice is the best drink to prevent dehydration and shock
in case of diarrhea. 19. Lemon juice can also be used as a mouthwash.
It removes plaque, whitens the teeth and strengthens the enamel.
20. A table spoon on thick lemon syrup everyday relieves asthma.
21. Lemon juice relieves chilblains and itchy skin.
22. Gargling lemon juice relieves throat infection and also used
as a treatment for diphtheria .
23. Lemon juice is an excellent treatment for dandruff and greasy
24. Lemon applied over the face removes wrinkles and keeps you young.
25. Lemon juice helps to
prevent and cure osteoarthritis .